4586 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

RHEL cluster issue on two node - Urgent

AVV
Super Advisor

RHEL cluster issue on two node - Urgent

Hi ,

I am building a two node cluster (each node with rhel 5.3 64 bit with cluster suit). But I could see the qdisk coming offline after cman starts. I am attaching the cluster.conf file here with. Please do let me know if there is any issue especially on voting procedure.
6 REPLIES 6
AVV
Super Advisor

Re: RHEL cluster issue on two node - Urgent

Attaching the cluster.conf file
Reto Kisseleff
Advisor

Hi

I think the problem could be related to the amount of score of your heuristic script.
The score of the heuristic script should be at least the amount of minimum score of your quorum. Otherwise quorum doesn't work.
cheers
Reto
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Kisseleff is right: you have only one heuristic for quorumd, giving a score of 1 point. With that, quorumd will never reach the min_score of 3, so it will never cast its 3 quorum votes.

Recommendation: either set min_score to 1, or increase the score value of your ping heuristic to 3.

I also see your cman tag is empty. As your total number of votes is 5, I would have expected to see:

instead of just "". But fix the quorumd score problem first: once this cman line is in place, your cluster won't ever achieve quorum without the votes given by quorumd.

(When a two-node cluster is using quorumd, there is no need for special two-node mode, so you should set 'two_node="0"'.)

MK
MK
AVV
Super Advisor

Hi Matti,

Thank you for the reply...The below would be okay ?

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Looks good to me.

MK
MK
AVV
Super Advisor

Thanks