New Discussion юеВ

Re: RHEL3U4 How to check Secure Path version

SOLVED
Go to solution
Gary L
Super Advisor

RHEL3U4 How to check Secure Path version

Hi

Our company will do the SAN upgrade, I checked the doc said : Linux with EVA storage requires the installation of storageworks Secure Path or Multipathing software.
how to check the secure path and/or multipathing?

our box install redhat ES 3 update 4

thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

You can have secure path or Qlogic multipath enabled driver.

If you have secure path installed, you can check the version with the spmgr command.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

See Also:

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/sanworks/softwaredrivers/multipathoptions/linux.html
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Gary L
Super Advisor

Hi lvan

thanks for you fast reply.
but

1. spmgr is HP-UX command, could be use on Redhat linux? I try, system said: command not found

2. I have installed the FCA2214 A6826A QLogic FC HBA, I just wanna make sure whether I install the secure path, if not I will install, but I have no idea which linux command could check it

thanks!
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

1. spmgr is HP-UX command, could be use on Redhat linux? I try, system said: command not found

Then you don't have secure path installed.

2. I have installed the FCA2214 A6826A QLogic FC HBA, I just wanna make sure whether I install the secure path, if not I will install, but I have no idea which linux command could check it

Secure Path is not free. Use the alternate solution provided in the previous link.

To double check if it's installed run:

rpm -qa |grep -i secure-path
Gary L
Super Advisor

Thanks, Ivan

you means: If I install the secure path and I could run the "spmgr display" on redhat linux, right. and I could use "rpm -qa |grep -i secure-path " for doule check secure path, right?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

>> you means: If I install the secure path and I could run the "spmgr display" on redhat linux, right.

Yes.

>> and I could use "rpm -qa |grep -i secure-path " for doule check secure path, right?

To check if it's installed, and the version.

For complete details see:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00062077/c00062077.pdf
Gary L
Super Advisor

thanks! happy weekend.
Gary L
Super Advisor

Hi Ivan

Whether I don't need to install the secure path for multiple-path support.

I have download the secure path from HP ITRC but I could not install it, I don't have the below 4 packs on /tmp/securepathRPM
Secure-Path-3.0-8.0.noarch.rpm
Secure-Path-3.0AFull-4.0.noarch.rpm
Secure-Path-3.0BFull-5.0.noarch.rpm
Secure-Path-3.0CFull-4.0.noarch.rpm
You said secure path not free, so whehther you means we don't buy secure path we no the 4 pachs. we could not update it? if I wanna buy from where redhat or HP?

Our linux box is HP Prolant blade server, already install QLogic FC HBA hardware and driver. I checked some doc of HP said could using Qlogic driver for single-path or multi-path failover mode on linux system.

Whether I could use Qlogic driver instend secure path function like the doc said.
thanks!