Operating System - HP-UX
1752598 Members
5188 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RRDtool for HPUX 11.31

Chris Hemsley

RRDtool for HPUX 11.31

Does anyone know where I can get precompiled binaries of RRDtool for HPUX 11.31 Itanium?

5 REPLIES 5
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Chris Hemsley

Thanks. I'd seen that but it seems to be 11.23 and PA-RISC. There's also some old binaries at Tobias Oetiker's RRDtool site but they are quite an old version.
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

yes you have right, but i don't have another source for you may you coul make you own binaries from source.

mikap
Olivier Masse
Honored Contributor

Tobias used to hand out very complete documentation to help you download all the dependencies and build it yourself from scratch (last time I did it was in 2007). From what I remember, it compiled very easily on HP-UX.

RC Park
Frequent Advisor

I doubt you'll find tons of 11.31 itanium binaries out there for much open-source stuff, so remember that when HP came out with their support of the Itanium chip many moons ago, they created a binary interpreter called the "Aries Translator" (spelling?) and this will run just about any compiled PA-RISC binary on an Itanium box. I've never run into a situation where the translation overhead was so unacceptable that I felt I needed a directly compiled binary, so just try the one at the previously listed link, and see how it performs for you. If you're not happy, then as suggested, compile your own.

Regards,
RCP