Realtime synchronization between Windows & HP-UX folder

SOLVED
Go to solution
so.nimda
Super Advisor

Realtime synchronization between Windows & HP-UX folder

Hi,

Has anyone done the above?

I have checked this forum and there were suggestions to use rsync. But when I read the doc, it seems like it has to be scheduled and does not run "realtime".

Does anyone know of any realtime sync-ing software (preferably open-sourced and run in Windows) that I can use to sync a directory between Windows & HP-UX?

Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES
Kapil Jha
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Realtime synchronization between Windows & HP-UX folder

I am not aware of any utility which would do it real time, you can use samba (but it would be the same folder.)

I suppose rsync is a good option and u can schedule it after some specific time or may be just after u log in, cause it would just update the changes so wont take much to sync the folder.

BR,
Kapil+
I am in this small bowl, I wane see the real world......
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi ,

CIFS ( samba) is the option..
But will it fullfill your requirement??

could you please brief your setup???

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor

Do you really need to sync between Windows and HP-UX, or would you just like to be able to access the files from the Windows system on your HP-UX system ?
Because in the last case, you can use cifsclient on HP-UX to mount the Windows map on your HP-UX system, and you will have realtime access to the windows files.
so.nimda
Super Advisor

Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies.

The reason why it needs to be realtime is because the windows server is in the DMZ and the files are to be processed in the UX server.

The data files has to be processed once received.

Regards
Wim Rombauts
Honored Contributor

Do you already have a solution implemented ?

For as far as I understand your implementation, I would still choose for a cifsmount from your HP-UX server to your windows server. You will only have to open 1 single port number (139 if I am not mistaken) on the firewall and your HP-UX machine will allways immediately see any file that is written on your windows server.