Operating System - Linux
1753878 Members
7242 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Red Hat ES 4 <-> EVA connection

Kari Keronen

Red Hat ES 4 <-> EVA connection

I have Red Hat ES 4 Update 4 <-> MDS9100 <-> EVA5000 configuration. The links between the MDS and host don't come up after installing the FC cables. I suspect that maybe I don't have the right drivers in kernel. Info from host:

[root@saha /]# lspci |grep -i qlog
10:00.0 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. QLA2432 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev 02)
10:00.1 Fibre Channel: QLogic Corp. QLA2432 Fibre Channel Adapter (rev 02)
[root@saha /]# uname -a
Linux saha.hv.digita.fi 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:27:17 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
[root@saha /]# lsmod | grep qla
qla2322 139969 0
qla2xxx 164453 1 qla2322
scsi_transport_fc 12097 1 qla2xxx
scsi_mod 117709 4 cciss,qla2xxx,scsi_transport_fc,sd_mod

[root@saha /]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)

Do I need new drivers or perhaps something else is wrong ?

Thanks for any help

-Kari-
4 REPLIES 4
Venilton Junior
Valued Contributor

To help you out with this. If it's a HP server, just install PSP and it'll do everything that you need to work well.

Just check-in the outputs above, it seens to be ok. Try to recheck your zoning config and SSP in your EVA.

Brgds
RTFM
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Did you hot-add the FC cables?

Linux FC drivers and SCSI layer may require the sysadmin to give an order to rescan the interfaces: that does not happen automatically in all cases.

If this is a HP Proliant server, you might want to install HP "fibreutils" RPM, which includes a "hp_rescan" command.

If this is a non-HP server or you cannot install the fibreutils package for some reason, you might try the attached script. Run it with no arguments to see the FC host adapter identifiers and the usage information.

Some FC statistics should be available at /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/*. The directory listing will show these files as having zero size: this is because the content is generated dynamically whenever the file is opened for reading.

MK
MK
Ciro  Iriarte
Valued Contributor

Kari Keronen

I tried hp_rescan -a. Didn't do anything useful. Booted the host and now ewerything works.

thanks for help

-Kari-