Operating System - Linux
1748265 Members
4034 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, Standard (4 sockets)(Up to 1 guest) download issue

Yaboto
Super Advisor

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, Standard (4 sockets)(Up to 1 guest) download issue

Even though I bought the license for  Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, Standard (4 sockets)(Up to 1 guest), I cannot download it.

The challenge is that the download allow a maximum of 2 sockets for RHEL6.4 evaluation.

What should I do to get the 4 sockets RHEL 6.4 to the customer, as was requested ?

Please help.

Yaboto

1 REPLY 1
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server, Standard (4 sockets)(Up to 1 guest) download issue

Download the actual production RHEL 6.4 installation media instead of watered-down evaluation version:

Go to access.redhat.com.

Open the "Downloads" drop-down menu and select "Downloads" in the "Red Hat Enterprise Linux" column. When prompted, type in the username and password of the RedHat account that contains your 4-socket RHEL Server subscription ("license"). Select the major version of RHEL you need (probably "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server (v. 6 for 64-bit x86_64) ") and you'll see the ISO download page for the latest release (for RHEL 6, it is RHEL 6.4 at this time).

If you need an older release (e.g. RHEL 6.3), look at the bottom of the download page of the latest release: it has a link named "View ISO Images for Older Releases".

If you don't have a RedHat account, create one (it's free), then find the Subscription Number associated with your license and go to the Subscriptions drop-down menu on the access.redhat.com webpage. Select "Subscription Activation" and follow the instructions. The Subscription Number is good for one activation only: if the webpage says the number is already used, find the person who used it and either get the RedHat account login and password from him/her or have him/her download the installation media for you.

As far as I know, there are no other legal ways to download a non-evaluation RHEL installation ISO image.

MK