1753729 Members
4611 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Remote ssh without change password

haeman
Frequent Advisor

Remote ssh without change password

I have setup ssh for remote user connection , now user ssh from server A to server B is no need to input password , it works fine .

But server B have a change password policy ( the user is required to change password every month , that means the password will be expired every month ) , so when user ssh to server B , they are required to change password when it was expired , can advise how to let the user is no need to change password when login with remote ssh , but still need to change password when normal login , eg. telnet , ftp etc ?

Thx
2 REPLIES 2
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

Being that the login process lets you login and there are no config files to tell login to not prompt if the session is ssh, the answer would be no. What you could do is write a script that changed the password for the user and set it up as a cronjob.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"