5341 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Request for assistance on qmail

Santosh Balan
Occasional Contributor

Request for assistance on qmail

Hi Friends,

Can you please assist me as I am stuck in my qmail installation on the following three issues. I have installed qmail from qmailrocks.org installation and my backed that I have used is mysql for storing user related information. I have installed qmail-vpopmail with MySQL on RHEL 5.0. The front end that user uses for viewing mails is only Squirrel Mail

The first issue I am stuck up is that I want my SquirrelMail to prompt users for a password change after 41 days automatically and the minimum length of the password should be more than 8 characters. I am using change_pass-2.7 plugin of squirrel mail.

The second issue that I am stuck up with is I need set quota for users as per cadre. Such that User A will have 1 Gb, User B is alloted 25 Mb, User C is alloted 50 Mb

The third issue automatic user mail account block for users who have crossed their limits such that they can only receive mails but not send mails.

Can you please assist me in resolving these issues at the earliest as it is long since I trying to work on this issue for no success. Also I hv to do the same urgently and get the production server working.

--
Thanks and Regards
Santosh Balan
Mail Administrator
4 REPLIES 4
Ragu_3
Trusted Contributor

>> to do the same urgently and get the production server working

The right way to work on production is to ask an expert to do it, maybe this would help

http://helios-qmail.sourceforge.net/INSTALL.html

Debian GNU/Linux for the Enterprise! Ask HP ...
Ivan Krastev
Honored Contributor

Use courier-imap with quota support.

There is a plugin for that (check_quota), which support system or IMAP based quotas - http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=237

regards,
ivan
Santosh Balan
Occasional Contributor

Dear Friends,

I have already installed qmail-vpopmail with mysql. I tried to do the quota-check with squirrel mail, however i was unable to work it with that. Can you please guide me on the same option.

Thanks and Regards
Santosh Balan
Mail Administrator
+91-9819419509
Santosh Balan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Friends

Check_quota will just display the quota for the user however it will not block him from sending mails incase he exceeds the quota.

---

Thanks and Regards
Santosh Balan
Mail Administrator
+91-9819419509