cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP R/3 integration in A.11.19

OScar123
Advisor

SAP R/3 integration in A.11.19

Please guide me to some documentation or step by step procedure to integrate SAP R/3 in Service Guard 11.19 using modular package approach.

I have got one Customer who has integrated SAP R/3 using modular package. But as in legacy package approach i dont understand from where it is taking all the configuration needed for that SAP package to come up. I dont see any package directory in /etc/cmcluster.

And how is SAP integrated into it using oracle.

Please help . This is very urgent. I will be happy to provide you any other info u need. Thanks in Advance.
5 REPLIES
OScar123
Advisor

Re: SAP R/3 integration in A.11.19

It is Serviceguard Extension for SAP
Version B.05.00
OScar123
Advisor

Also I have an brief how a modular package works but I want to know where is the conf file located from where the package configuration was applied. This setup was done by HP as informed by customer. And they have not been provided any documentation regarding the design or setup . Rather tough for me to understand
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

The package configuration ASCII file can be anywhere. It may even have been deleted, since it is not required by Serviceguard after the package configuration has been applied with cmapplyconf.

Anyway, you should not rely on some old package configuration ASCII files which may or may not be up to date: instead, you should use the cmgetconf command to translate the _current_ cluster/package configuration back to ASCII files for you.

Use "cmgetconf -c .ascii" to produce a human-readable ASCII copy of the current cluster configuration, and "cmgetconf -p .ascii" to do the same for a cluster package.

By default, the modular package configuration produced by cmgetconf will include a lot of informative comments. The comments may be useful, but they may also make it harder to quickly find the essential information because there is a *lot* of text. You may want to use the option "-v1" or even "-v0" with the cmgetconf -p commands to reduce the amount of comments.

MK
MK
OScar123
Advisor

Thanks Matti . I have generated ASCII file through getconf.

Though it doesnt explains how SAP has been integrated. (Only Instance name is entered.)

I want to know what other pre configuration steps HP must have done before integrating SAP 5.00

and after applying the package configuration where does the information get stored in binary form.

What if i want to add any monitoring subnet or FS in existing package. The hp document on docs.hp doesnt explain all the information.
g3jza
Esteemed Contributor