4900 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCSI error -

Ian Derringer
Regular Advisor

SCSI error -

Greetings,
I get this strange SCSI error when I typed dmesg "SCSI disk error : host 0 channel 0 id 1 lun 6 return code = 8000002
Current sd08:90: sense key Hardware Error
Additional sense indicates Internal target failure" Is this an error from my locally attached SCSI drives (2) or from the SAN disk volumes? Also, how big is the buffer for dmesg and will it cause the system to reboot is the buffer is full? I can't see any errors when I checked each one of the LUNs out on the SAN. Any ideas on how I can isolated this error??

Thank you in advance.

Ian
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Can you post the contents of the cat /proc/scsi/scsi output?

I think that the system won't reboot because the syslogd daemon manages the logging of messages.

Can you provide more information about the hardware configuration?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ian Derringer
Regular Advisor

attached is the output of the SCSI errors. H/W configuration as follows:
HP RX4640 IA-64
2x73GG U320 locally SCSI attached RAID 1+0
MSA1500 Dual controllers with 4 MSA30 shelf and we have 8 of these in place. Each one of these MSAs, there are only 4 luns in each RAID 1+0 (8x73) U320 H/D - Most of these luns are presented to 5 servers as mentioned above, with an exception of one server due to testing.

Thanks,
Ian
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Is this an error from my locally attached SCSI drives ?

The error that you are having is for one of the MSA Volumes.

How many HBA's has the server?
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ian Derringer
Regular Advisor

single (1) HBA per server at this time. I was planning on installing SP in he near future. Any ideas?

Ian
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I had searched for this error, and nobody seems to find the exact solution. Some people talks about SCSI termination, changing parameters to the module of the HBA, others updating the module/driver, other the firmware.
Ian Derringer
Regular Advisor

Found the problem on a RAID5. Fixed and off I go.

Thanks!!