1753500 Members
4228 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCSI hardware settings

Alice Daniel
Frequent Advisor

SCSI hardware settings

How can I use the 'hwmgr' configuration utility or sysconfigdb to get scsi information similiar to the following, which is from a Solaris machine?

* * * Solaris Notes * * *
At the Solaris command line, type:

adb -k /dev/ksyms /dev/mem
scsi_options/X
$q

Results from Solaris are as follows:
physmem 1e0c
scsi_options/X
scsi_options:
scsi_options: 7f8 <---This result is very important!
$q

6 REPLIES 6
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Alice,
can you explain the purpose of these options to us? I guess most Tru64 Unix admins are not familiar with Solaris tools.
Alice Daniel
Frequent Advisor

WE are interfacing with a "Powerlink ├в Ultra/Wide SCSI Fiber Optics Bus Extender (2Km) fro APCON" for remote access to a peripheral device for data acquisition. We are trying to determine the settings for the scsi device in order to determine whether we can reset some options to achieve remote acces
Alice Daniel
Frequent Advisor

I got some of this incorrect earlier. We are not trying to change a config setting on an attached device, but actually trying to find out how to edit the KZPBA-CA PCI-to_UltraSCSI Host Adapter - device parameter such that Disconnect Allowed being changed from the default value of 1 to 0 for no disconnects allowed.
Abdul Rahiman
Esteemed Contributor

Alice,
I think usually those adapter parameters are changed from the Alpha console by running the EEPROM configuration utility for KZPBA.
You would have to get down to Alpha Bios to do that. I don't know if there is a device driver paramter from Tru64 that would let you do this from the O/S though.
Following manual has the details abt the KZPBA config utility.
http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital/MDS/jun99/Cd3/STORAGE/KZPBAUGA.PDF

regds,
Abdul.
No unix, no fun
Ravi_8
Honored Contributor

Hi

Better contact HP support personnel
never give up
Alice Daniel
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for info about using the eprom utility.