1748170 Members
4142 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: SCSI reset errors evey 28 minutes

Marc Bohnert
Advisor

SCSI reset errors evey 28 minutes

I have a D class machine running HPUX 11.0. Ever since I upgraded from 10.20 I get SCSCI reset errors on bus 1 that occur every 28 minutes. It causes the system to "freeze" for about 40 seconds. I have a DGC (Nike) array on the bus.

The resets occur every 28 minutes to the tee. I have been working with HP Support but no answers yet.

Any ideas?

Thank you

P.S. This thread ahs been moved from General to HP-UX > sysadmin. - Hp Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Check your cables and termination. Make sure the cables are connected properly and that none of the pins are bent. Also check for termination on the nike as well as the controller on the system where this nike is connected. Was this same setup exisiting before upgrade. If so, look for any patch that you might be missing.

Can you post your syslog.log file.

Hope this helps.

regds
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Do you have EMS running?

When you say upgrade, you do mean you "cold" installed 11.00?

Read this:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x96b70bce6f33d6118fff0090279cd0f9,00.html

find them here:
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/TopSolutions/1,,CA615428!1!questions,00.html

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
Marc Bohnert
Advisor

upgrade
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Marc,
I'm afraid your system doesn't hang because of the SCSI reset, but the SCSI reset is issued because the bus hangs.
Can you provide us some more information like the UEL of the Nike, your syslog file and the patchlevel of your system
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data
Allan Cook

My guess is that the resets are occuring because of autotrespass events occuring on the Nike array when both of its controllers are scanned by the EMS. You might try disabling autotrespas on the Nike to see if the resets go away.