New Discussion юеВ

Re: SIALOG

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stefano_36
Frequent Advisor

SIALOG

Hi to all,

on my system the /var/adm/sialog isnt present.
How can i start to write the sialog file
to check auth activities ?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

The sialog file is only recommended for troubleshooting. Is not recommended the use for normal system operation (This information I got here in the forum by hp support).

Anyway, if you want to create the file, just use the touch command:

touch /var/adm/sialog

Logging will start after that.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor
Solution

The official response from HP is to NOT use sialog for normal checking for failed authentications, etc. It is to be used only for debugging of SIA applications (a very rare occurance). To do normal checking for failed authentications you can use the Audit subsystem. See the Security Administration guide for information on setting up and using the Audit subsystem.

Ann Majeske - TRU64 UNIX Support
Stefano_36
Frequent Advisor

Ann,
please can you provide a new URL for the http://users.rcn.com/spiderb/sec/siaskey-readme.html
due that link is no more available.
I try to found an example to add a new customized library in the SIA configuration but the link seems to be used a different site.
Thanks
Stefano
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor

Stefano,

That link was to information supplied personally by Spider Boardman, not information supplied by HP. I'll ask around and see if I can find a current pointer to it.

Ann
Ann Majeske
Honored Contributor

Posting this here as well for anyone doing a search in the future:

There's some information at the following link. Note that this information is supplied personally by Spider Boardman, it is not HP "officially supported" documentation. Many thanks to Spider for this information.

http://home.comcast.net/~spiderb/sec/