Did you mean: 

SMH system disk instance not shown

SOLVED
Go to solution
Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

SMH system disk instance not shown

Hi,

I've have an System Manager Homepage for one server and in the system section there isn't a disks instance. On another server SHM a disk instances is shown.

The system area is showing me
System Summary
Cooling Physical
Power
Processor
Temperature
Voltage

Can anybody advise how I can get the disks instance working for the SMH.

Thanks
Michael
5 REPLIES
Fabio Ettore
Honored Contributor

Re: SMH system disk instance not shown

Hi Michael,

I don't remember where is the disk instance button in SMH right now, anyway I think it depends on CIM Provider Module installed.

Compare outputs of

cimprovider -ls

between systems and post them here.
Probably on one system some Provider Module aren't installed.

Hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Fabio
WISH? IMPROVEMENT!
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Michael, please make sure that you got the latest pluggins for SMH:

For instance:

FileSystemsWeb B.11.23.03 HP-UX Disks and File Systems Tool

Please refer the manual:

http://docs.hp.com/en/538075-001/ch03s03.html

Regards,

Jaime.

Work hard when the need comes out.
Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for your reply, I've checked the cim providers on both servers. The server which isn't displaying the disk info has a couple more providers than the other server.

All the cim provider modules are showing a status of okay. The common disk providers on both servers are the LVM provider and the scsi provider.

Do you know how I would check the sub components of the modules or how I would restart an individual module.

Thanks
Michael
Michael O'brien_1
Regular Advisor

Hi Jaime,

It appears that there is an known problem with the FileSystemsWeb module. please see below

"Disks and File Systems Management Tool May Not Work As Expected When Installed from the HP-UX 11i v3 March 2009 Media."

I'll try and install a later version of this module.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Many Thanks
Michael
Jaime Bolanos Rojas.
Honored Contributor

Any time Michael, actually that issue is reported here:

http://docs.hp.com/en/5992-5814/pr01s08.html

"Disks and File Systems Management Tool May Not Work As Expected When Installed from the HP-UX 11i v3 March 2009 Media

On PA-RISC platforms, you may not be able to perform certain tasks in the Disks and File Systems (FileSystemsWeb) web-based graphical user interface (GUI), available from the HP System Management Homepage (HP SMH). The following operations are affected:

Volume Groups â Select a VG â Modify VG

Disks â Select a disk â Change Physical Volume

Disks â Select a disk â Move Physical Volume

Logical Volumes â Select a logical volume â Select the Physical Volumes tab from the detailed view of the logical volume

This problem is visible only:

when the Disks and File Systems tool is installed from the HP-UX 11i v3 March 2009 media

on PA-RISC platforms

The failure of the operations listed above do not cause any problems to the existing volume groups, logical volumes, or physical volumes.

What to Do
No workaround currently exists. Look for a future release of the HP-UX Disks and File Systems tool on the HP Software Depot website: http://software.hp.com. Download a product version later than B.11.31.07."

Regards,

Jaime.
Work hard when the need comes out.