New Discussion

Re: SSH issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
soandy1
Occasional Visitor

SSH issue

Dear All expert,

Currently, my ssh version is "ssh: SSH Secure Shell 3.1.0 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00" and my HP-UX version is 11.11.

I planned upgrade to latest version 05.80.001, and I have the following questions:

1. Will the current ssh public keys still usable for current user?

2. Do I need to re-generate ssh public keys after upgrade? 

3. My fall-back plan is un-tar existing sshd2 folder to original directory, will it be workable? 

Since it is a mission critical machines, therefore I am seeking for all your advises.

Thank you in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Rajesh K Chaurasia
Valued Contributor
Solution

> 1. Will the current ssh public keys still usable for current user?

Yes. Existing ssh public keys should contiue to work.

> 2. Do I need to re-generate ssh public keys after upgrade? 

No.

> 3. My fall-back plan is un-tar existing sshd2 folder to original directory, will it be workable?

Not recommended and would not be needed to run with files from older ssh version. Latest version of Secure Shell for HP-UX can be accessed/downloaded from

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T1471AA

Regards

-Rajesh

soandy1
Occasional Visitor

Thank you for your information.

@rajesh k Chaurasia wrote:

> 1. Will the current ssh public keys still usable for current user?

Yes. Existing ssh public keys should contiue to work.

> 2. Do I need to re-generate ssh public keys after upgrade? 

No.

> 3. My fall-back plan is un-tar existing sshd2 folder to original directory, will it be workable?

Not recommended and would not be needed to run with files from older ssh version. Latest version of Secure Shell for HP-UX can be accessed/downloaded from

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=T1471AA

Regards

-Rajesh