New Discussion юеВ

SUDO ISSUE

SOLVED
Go to solution
oprakash
Frequent Advisor

SUDO ISSUE

Hi,

I have installed sudo package on hp UX 11.11.
After installing edited /etc/sudoers file successfully. But i was not able to access sudo. kindly find the error msg below for your convenience, request you to suggest me

$ sudo
sh: sudo: not found.
6 REPLIES 6
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: SUDO ISSUE

After installing a new product, you need to make sure it is in your PATH, or you need to use the absolute path.
oprakash
Frequent Advisor

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your support, i got a solution. But $ sudo command its not working. Instead
$ /usr/local/bin/sudo its working fine. Can you pls suggest.
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Edit /etc/PATH. The file contains one long line of text, listing the directories to search for commands. The directory names are separated by colon characters (":").
Add ":/usr/local/bin" to the end of the line.

Logout, then login again. Now you should be able to use the sudo command (and any other commands placed in /usr/local/bin) without typing the full path.

If you have set yourself a customized PATH environment variable in your ~/.profile or equivalent, you may also have to modify your customizations accordingly.

MK
MK
Roopesh Francis_1
Trusted Contributor

you may do what Matti suggested.otherwise you can add PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin. in .profile in your home directory
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Can you please suggest?

I did. You need to update your PATH settings. Probably in ~/.profile, as MK suggested.
oprakash
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your kind support, finally i got a solution and now its working fine