5124 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Sales of HP Media and Servers

Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Sales of HP Media and Servers

Hi Experts,

I am not sure if this is the right forum. Please redirect me to the right forum if possible.

I would like to purchase OE media for Intergrity server i.e,

11.31 Data Centre OE Installation DVD kit.

11.23 Data Centre OE Installation DVD kit.

Does HP still sells the OE media.

I have been told that nowadays HP doesn’t ship OS media separately. This comes preinstalled with the server.

In case if OS media cannot be purchased separately, could you let me know, if I have purchase servers from HP, if the OS media part of the Server purchase or do I need to pay extra for the OS media

Any help is highly appreciated.

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
3 REPLIES 3
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Does HP still sells the OE media?

I would hope so.  At least for 11.31.

>I have been told that nowadays HP doesn't ship OS media separately.

I think for 11.31 there is E Delivery:

http://www.hp.com/softwarereleases/releases-media2/index.html

http://www.hp.com/go/hpux

Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Though we have server which are not under warranty now, but since we lost the HP media, we wanted to order those.

Our HP Partners are claiming the following

HP doesn't ship OS media.

You would have to purchase the server to get the OS media. The OS media would be shipped with the server.

I am not sure if the HP Partner is providing me with the right information. Kindly Help !!

"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

If you have a support agreement, you could download an ISO image of the media from the E-Delivery, as Dennis suggested. Then you could burn it on a DVD-R media on your own to have an actual physical media, if you need one.

(Note: with the latest versions of HP-UX 11.31 at least, you will need a dual-layer DVD-R and a dual-layer capable DVD writer. The E-Delivery ISO image is too big to fit on a single-layer DVD-R.)

MK