1751832 Members
5337 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Samba 3 on 4.0F

Steve Blackwell
Occasional Advisor

Samba 3 on 4.0F

Has anyone managed to get Samba ver. 3.0.X running on Tru64 ver 4.0F. We have Samba 2.2.12 running happily but we need to upgrade to ver 3.0.X due to our desktops being upgrade from W2K to XP.

When I compile 3.0.14a I get the following error message from the make command.

cc: Error: include/proto.h, line 595: Ill-formed parameter type list. (parmtyplist)
LDAPMessage **res);
-------------------^
cc: Error: include/proto.h, line 596: Ill-formed parameter type list. (parmtyplist)
int smbldap_modify(struct smbldap_state *ldap_state, const char *dn, LDAPMod *attrs[]);

I have tried adding -DLDAP_CONST to the CFLAGS varible and adding --without-ldap option to the configure script and the make command still fails.

Does anyone have any idea's to help?

Cheers

Steve
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Re: Samba 3 on 4.0F

Is there a known problem with samba 2 and windows XP??
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

is that version compatible woth 4.0X?
I looked for information but I couldn't find anything.
How did you install/compile the source?

greetings,

Michael
Steve Blackwell
Occasional Advisor

To answer the first reply, we authenticate our Samba 2.2.12 servers with ADS, an XP machine on our network will not map a Samba 2.2.12 share it will keep asking for authentication. Hence the reason for upgrading to 3.0.14a as an XP machine will map shares without any problems.

To answer the second question, I have not found any documentation that states if Samba 3 is compatible on 4.0F.

When I compiled the source I did the following commands.

# export CFLAGS='-DLDAP_CONST'
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba-3.0.14a --without-ldap
# make

and that is as far as I get.

Cheers

Steve