Operating System - HP-UX
1753903 Members
9833 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Script Files get deleted itself on HP Unix 11.31 cluster server Server is mtou303(AEP)

PrasathUX

Script Files get deleted itself on HP Unix 11.31 cluster server Server is mtou303(AEP)

My problem is :

Our user reports that their script files get deleted itself by unknown reason. Details as below:

Server name: mtou303 (AEP)  - HP UX 11.31

Folder that files get deleted: /usr/sap/AEP/userspace/PM

Issue description: User puts his script “shell-script.sh” into the folder above, and when the SAP run it automatically, will generate some zip files. But sometime before, use found that the script and everything were deleted by unknown reason. And we tried to change the owner and permission of that file to root only(as below), but it gets deleted as well!

-r-xr-xr-x   1 root       sys           2441 Dec 17 04:24 shell-script.sh    à only the root can delete it

I checked for root cron jobs there, could not find any clues for this issue. We set up a cron job there to get this file attribution every 5 mins(output is availability_outputfile), and see the file would get deleted around 04:05 to 04:15 AM EST.  

Please help to check the provide the solution to fix this issue.

could you please someone respond me this is very urgent issue. im facing lot stress about this issue.

1 REPLY 1
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Script Files get deleted itself on HP Unix 11.31 cluster server Server is mtou303(AEP)

>we tried to change the owner and permission of that file to root only (as below), but it gets deleted as well!

You have to change the permission on the directory that contains the file.

Either remove write permission for everyone or set the sticky bit.