Operating System - HP-UX
1753884 Members
7319 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Secure Path or Auto Path now is a free product?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Secure Path or Auto Path now is a free product?

I am getting contradicting information on the software that can support redundancy, load balancing, and monitoring functions on multiple HBA cards. It used to be called SecurePath or AutoPath.

I used to work on this software years ago. Now somebody told me that this software is now a part of Window OS. Can anybody please verify the information for me? If it is still a purchased software, could anybody please tell me approximately how much does it cost. We need it for budgeting purpose.

Thanks!
none
4 REPLIES 4

Is this a question about Windows? If so, this probably isn't the right place to post it...

That said, on Windows, for HP storage AFAIK you now use a MPIO DSM instead of secure path or auto path - which one you use depends on what storage you have... so the questions are:

-Is this a HP-UX or Windows question?
-What storage array do you have?

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Duncan,

All your questions are valid.

I did not make myself clear.
My question is primarily on Window servers, however, I have the same question on HPUX as well.

And the storage we have is MSA 2300 and MSA 2024.

none
Solution

OK,

Go here for the Windows MPIO DSM for MSA:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18964&prodSeriesId=421492&taskId=135

For HP-UX 11iv1/11iv2, you just use LVM PVlinks (Or VxVM DMP if you use VxVM)

For HP-UX11iv3, the OS has MPIO functionality built-in.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Generally, StorageWorks Arrays offered since 2007 are supported by the OS's native multipathing, path protection and load balancing.

On Windows -- MPIO
On Solaris -- STM
On HP-UX -- 11.31 native, earlier HP-UX - PVlinks
On Linux -- device mapper multipath

Accross the board - VxVM DMP is also available but will cost you $$ as it has some advantages (upfor debate though).

So there ya go.

Hakuna Matata.