108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serial Printer on Mux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Thomas F. Blich
Advisor

Serial Printer on Mux

We have a serial printer, bar code label printer configured via a DTC. As it is the only device left on the DTC we wanted to move it a MUX port on our system. Via SAM the printer was configured. Attempts to print to it resulted in lights blinking but nothing printed. The device will only print out a label if the correct information is sent to it. I did not see where we could configure speed, parity and bits when setting up the printer via SAM.

With the DTC, you can configure speed, parity and bits.

Can the MUX support serial printers?

Thanks,
Tom
4 REPLIES 4
paul courry
Honored Contributor

May I suggest you repost this over to servers - HP9000? I think you'll get a faster response.
Richard Darling
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Thomas, I have three Printronix P600 printers running on serial ports on a mux printing barcoded labels.Attached is my /etc/lp/interface/P600a file with all the setting we is here. Hope this helps...

Richard Darling
rdarling@southwickclothing.com
Richard Darling
Trusted Contributor

Thomas, please remember to assign points. Your profile shows that you have received 10 responses to your questions, and have not assigned any points.

Richard Darling
rdarling@southwickclothing.com
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor

For sertial ports, the settings (such as baud rate, etc) are made in the printer's model script. Edit the script you used in /etc/lp/interface where the filename is your printer's queue name. There are two places to change the baud rate, etc and there are comments about the baud rate, etc. Look for the word: stty

Bill Hassell, sysadmin