1752570 Members
5235 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Serial console output on a Tru64 box

shashi kanth
Super Advisor

Serial console output on a Tru64 box

I have a bunch of Tru64 boxes, i don't have a windows box near to those Tru64 boxes, and i don't have a Laptop.

In this case, is it possible that can i see the console output of one Tru64 box on another Tru64 box ?
4 REPLIES 4
Liviu I.
Frequent Advisor

I suppose you need a null-modem serial cable in order to connect 2 serial ports of the 2 computers.

Then issuing "cu -l /dev/ttyC0" should enable you console acces , eventually prompt you with a login banner.

HTH.
Liviu.
shashi kanth
Super Advisor

Ok, Thank you, let me try this.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You can also use:

tip kdebug
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Brendan Murphy_5
Frequent Advisor

Since you say you have a "bunch" od Tru64 boxes, the null modem connection will only work if you directly connect between Tru64 servers. A better solution would be to lay your hands on a terminal server like a DECserver 90. That way you could connect all your Tru64 server serial consoles to the DecServer. When you require console access, you could telnet to the DECserver & connect to the relevant Tru64 port. The advantage here is that you can operate remotely (as long as your network is OK), even when the server is down at the >>> prompt.

Regards,

Brendan