Operating System - HP-UX
1753357 Members
5010 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Shared a VG with Veritas Cluster Filesystem.

Mousa55
Super Advisor

Shared a VG with Veritas Cluster Filesystem.

Hi All,

I need to shared a volume group on two server with full access and active/active mode on both server
And I am read about this , and I found only the Veritas Cluster Filesystem allows multiple server to read/write the filesystem data at a time.
My Question is :

1- What are the requirements of Veritas Cluster Filesystem from patch and software?
2- The Veritas Cluster Filesystem is required to build a full cluster (SG/Cluster) on the two node,
By creating the ASCII file, package control file, тАж.?
3- And what is the configuration to build Veritas Cluster Filesystem to allows multiple server to read/write the filesystem data at a time

Thanks & kind Regards
5 REPLIES 5
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Re: Shared a VG with Veritas Cluster Filesystem.

HI Nejad,

If youa re using HP service guard, you should use Service guard 11.17 atleast for using CFS

I think the attached doc will fulfill your reuqirement 100%.

Look in to it .. everthing is given step by step.

If you want any additional info please reply.

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi Sooraj,

thanks for your replay.
But there I have a question, if the CFS
it is required to build a full cluster (SG/Cluster) on the two node By creating the ASCII file, package control file, ├в ┬ж.?

and this CFS it is compatible with HP-UX 11.11 version?

and Do I need to download any product to make shared a volume group on two server.

Thanks

Thanks & kind Regards
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi,

CFS is not required for all the SG clusters.. In case of active passive it will work with LVM, because that time only one node will access your filesystem. when RAC comes in to picture both ( more than one) number will be accessng the data same time. So you require some mechanism.

The link says about the product available for 11.11

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/272933.htm

Cluster Volume Manager (CVM) allows multi-system shared access to volumes.

Regards,
Sooraj U
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
Mousa55
Super Advisor

Hi again,

"CFS is not required for all the SG clusters"

you mean I don├в t need to create a cluster or packages or cluster file (ASCII, .cntl, .conf)

and the compatible CFS version with 11.11i
is Cluster File Solutions 3.5
and what is the mechanism to shared a volume group on two server with full access and active/active mode

Thanks & kind Regards
Emil Velez
Honored Contributor

1. The HP Cluster File system is implemented in some special serviceguard packages so it requires serviceguard 11.17 or higher.

2. The HP Cluster file system is based on Veritas Cluster Volume Manager 4.1 or higher so the underlying disk management for your luns will be based on Cluster Veritas Volume Manager.

How do you set it up. Pretty easy. Manuals outline the process but CFS is a add on package ($$$) in addition to ServiceGuard 11.17 and HPUX 11.23 or higher.

SOme people use it for oracle RAC since ORacle Rac 10GR2 can use the Cluster filesystem for its storage.

Good luck. A LVM volume group and a logical volume cannot be mounted read write on multiple nodes at the same time.