New Discussion юеВ

Shutdown or reboot server (MC/SG)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Kenn Chen_1
Advisor

Shutdown or reboot server (MC/SG)

Dear all,

I have problem to halt or reboot my HP servers with MC/SG environment. MY MC consist of 2 nodes with 1 package (running oracle & SAP). May i know what is the normal shutdown procedure for MC/SG environment like this ?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Shutdown or reboot server (MC/SG)

Normally, you do a cmhaltpkg for each package on the node you want to shutdown; you then do a cmrunpkg for each package and specify the remaining node. In effect you are moving the packages to one node. You then issue a cmhaltnode on the node you wish to shutdown. From that point, it is a normal UNIX shutdown.

There is also a cmhaltcl command which can shutdown all the packages and the cluster daemons on all nodes.

Man cmhaltpkg, cmrunpkg, cmhaltcl, cmrunnode for details.
If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Nguyen Anh Tien
Honored Contributor
Solution

shutdown procedure are:
1. shutdown package:
#cmhaltpkg PKG_NAME

2. halt node
#cmhaltnode NODE_NAME1
#cmhaltnode NODE_NAME2

3.shutdown Cluster:
#cmhaltcl
4. shutdown(reboot ) server
#cd /
#shutdown -yh 0
You can refer this link for detail doc:
http://docs.hp.com/en/B3936-90065/index.html
regards.
tienna.
HP is simple
bhavin asokan
Honored Contributor

hi,

first shutdown your oracle ,sap instances .
check your cluster by cmviewcl command.
cluster shutdown can be done by cmhaltcl -f command.

regds,
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

when you say you have a problem, it might help if you were to describe your problem.
Or do you just want to know the way to halt a node in a cluster? If so, then doing a shutdown command will automatically utilise the cmhaltnode command, and halt your opackages and node before continuing with the shutdown of the node.
A reboot should be avoided as this will not halt the package cleanly, and in fact could result in the node doing a TOC
My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!