New Discussion юеВ

Re: So long, fellas

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>That means I have to stop being a technical geek

So, you have a life and can't do both? :-)
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Hi Oliver,

I wish you all the best in your new job. I'll hope you will enjoy your tie and the non-technical package :)

As others above I have always enjoyed reading your posts and I will mis your knowledge.

I hope you can find a few minutes per week to stick your nose in this forum.

All the best and good luck!

Robert-Jan
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

Hi Oliver,

congratulation to your new job,

thank you for your answers on the forum,

hope your technical blog will stay a life,

i found there lot answers and news.

Good luck.

mikap
Horia Chirculescu
Honored Contributor

>That means I have to stop being a technical geek

I do not agree that some tech geek can actually drop all and never come back to the first love. It is only a matter of time.

I have performed a search for your replays. Based on what I have found about you, I would give you an interval of 12-18 months.

Best regards,
Horia.
Best regards from Romania,
Horia.

Olivier,

ex UNIX admins make the best systems architects in my (somewhat biased) opinion. They usually know enough about development and programming, and plenty about operations to get the balance right, plus all those vendors and Systems Integrators out there can't pull the wool over your eyes!

I'm sure you'll be back though - I haven't been an actual Systems Admin for nearly 10 years, and I stopped actual delivery consulting on HP-UX about 4 years ago (still talk about it froma pre-sales perspective) - but the love of it keeps me coming back to the forums!

Just make sure all those systems you go on to design and architect are built on the right OS foundation ;o)

Good luck and enjoy the new career...

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Ron Irving
Trusted Contributor

It was great having you here, Oliver. I wouldn't be so down about moving up in your career. Employment Evolution, right?

Best of luck!!
Should have been an astronaut.
Kevin Wright
Honored Contributor

Best of luck Olivier.