108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Software Assistant (SWA) Survey

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

Software Assistant (SWA) Survey

I would like to invite all users of SWA to take part in a short survey to help guide our development. It should take less than 15 minutes to complete.

The survey can be found at: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=H8NsahU2sjBKifjpHzKJFQ_3d_3d. Please enter a Survey ID of ITRC.

All responses will be treated in accordance with the HP Online Privacy Statement
(http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwprivacy.html).

For those not familiar with Software Assistant, it is a Security Bulletin and Patch tool that replaces security_patch_check. It is available from https://www.hp.com/go/swa.

Thanks!

Bob
17 REPLIES 17
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Hi Bob:

I took it (as you know).

For other responders --- it's quick and easy and worth the effort. This is a quickly evolving product and your chance to help direct enhancements :-)

Regards!

...JRF...
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

" Please enter a Survey ID of ITRC." ?

"Please enter the Survey Number from the email message you received regarding this survey."

HOw do I get that ?
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

The survey was originally sent out only to customers that downloaded SWA in 2008 *and* indicated at that time we could contact them.

We decided to open up the survey for the ITRC population. Feel free to use the ID "ITRC" if you wish to remain anonymous. You could also put in a contact email address if you want us to respond to comments or ask follow up questions.

Of course, I will try to keep on top of all comments and questions posted here in the forum.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

The survey is very close to CMS/SIM, but until now I used swa only standalone (nice and very useful tool!).
So it is hard to vote ...

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

We are certainly looking for information regarding SIM/CMS, but the answers will be used to guide the standalone tool as well. Last year our customer data was overwhelming that we needed a multi-system ability and that the #1 choice was HPSIM.

We would like our next release to get the HP-UX CMS solution to a robust state. Beyond that we have a number of directions we can pursue. The survey is a mixture of both, but also has places for you to type in any comments you may have (as does the ITRC).

Any feedback you have is welcomed and we will take it in any form you would like (personal favorite would be to discuss it on a chair lift before the snows melt :-)
Avinash20
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This survey will really help for the product.
Survey Completed with my ITRC login CA1435953
"Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak."
Bob E Campbell
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the responses! We are going to keep the survey open into next week so keep those comments coming!
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

I must say that I was really glad when swa first came out. I really hated doing it the old way of running the script and uploading it and having it run against the patch database.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Survey completed.

I had apparently not checked the SWA page in quite a while. I was several versions behind.

That is being remedied at this very moment, though.