1753388 Members
7219 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Storage essentails login error

Paul Collier_1
Occasional Contributor

Storage essentails login error

For the past week I’ve been unable to launch Storage Essentials because of a Java login error. Today, I restarted both the SIM and SE servers and now the SE logon window is blank. Refreshing the window results in this message appearing:

“Failed to validate single sign on request because of java.lang.SecurityException: Failed to validate one time key. .”

I poked around ITRC but nothing relevant came up. Has anyone got any advise on how to resolve this? Many thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
白眉大侠
Advisor

Re: Storage essentails login error

I would also like to know
Paul Collier_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Storage essentails login error

Solution found. Potsed here for future referece.

"I found in your logs that the oracle db ran out of diskspace on the SE server. That is the reason why SE doesn't come up anymore. Can your verify your F Drive on the SE server and how many files are in the F:\Oracle\APPIQ folder ?.
I assume that something with RMAN (DB Archiving) backup went wrong.

I you find many of these *.arc files in the F:\Oracle\APPIQ folder do the following:

on the SE server stop the following services (if they run) AppStorManager OracleServiceAPPIQ OracleOraHome10TNSListener

-go to the directory where your arc files are located (your logs say F:\Oracle\APPIQ) -delete some of the *.arc files so that you get a few GB of free diskspace on f:
-start only the OracleServiceAPPIQ and OracleOraHome10TNSListener service -open a command prompt on the SE server -navigate to %APPIQ_DIST%\tools\dbadmin and start the DBADMIN.bat tool (e.g. C:\HP\StorageEssentials\Tools\dbAdmin\dbAdmin.bat)
-in the DBADMIN tool on the left side select Change Archive Mode -on the top enter the password for user SYS (default is: 'change_on_install' without the quotes) -push button named 'disable RMAN backup' (we can turn the archive mode on later again) -now verify if the *.arc files do get removed from your f: drive -exit the dbadmin tool -start the AppStorManager service -verify after a couple of minutes if your are able to access SE from SIM again

If SE is working then you can turn on the Archive (RMAN) Mode again:
To turn the Archive mode on:

-stop the AppStorManager service
--open a command prompt on the SE server -navigate to %APPIQ_DIST%\tools\dbadmin and start the DBADMIN.bat tool (e.g. C:\HP\StorageEssentials\Tools\dbAdmin
\dbAdmin.bat)
-in the DBADMIN tool on the left side select Change Archive Mode -on the top enter the password for user SYS (default is: 'change_on_install' without the quotes) -push button named 'enable RMAN backup' and wait while DBADMIN tools finishs the operation -exit the dbadmin tool -start the AppStorManager service -verify after a couple of minutes if your are able to access SE from SIM

from your logs:

appstorm.20081010-133529.log (during SE startup sequence)
----------------------------
Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

Alert_APPIQ.log
----------------
Errors in file e:\oracle\admin\appiq\bdump\appiq_arc1_3300.trc:
ORA-19504: failed to create file "F:\ORACLE\APPIQ\APPIQ_101_1_663336982.ARC"
ORA-27044: unable to write the header block of file
OSD-04008: WriteFile() failure, unable to write to file
O/S-Error: (OS 112) There is not enough space on the disk.