New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suse and Redhat Linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

Suse and Redhat Linux

Dear All
which is better to use Redhat or suse Linux,if there is a documentation for the comparision between then there prices benefites over each other
fadia.marei
6 REPLIES 6
NiCK_76
Respected Contributor

Hi Fadia Almarei ,

I think SuSE is better than Redhat. Because SuSE have yast , reiserfs and EVMS.

NiCK
just for fun
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

I believe this is going to be more of a personal choice. There are advantages to each.

If you are running Oracle on Linux then I would go with RedHat. Oracle has spent lots of time and $ and their big push is Linux.

If you are in a Novell shop then go with SuSE.

As these examples show, it is a personal choice.

Fadia Almarei
Super Advisor

thanks for your answer , i want more comparison in priceses support,and others
fadia.marei
Chakravarthi
Trusted Contributor

Andrew Cowan
Honored Contributor

I think that the main difference between Suse and Redhat is that Suse is a far better choice for laptops and or complex hardware solutions as it has better plug-and-play functionality, and supports more hardware.

That said there are many products out there that are written specifically for particular versions and releases of Redhat, therefore I would take a close look at which hardware you are going to use, and the applications that are going to be used. My experience with Redhat has always been that it is always best to buy hardware especially chosen for your project and ensure that if it uses any hardware devices such as Adaptec RAID adapters, you can get the correct versions of their drivers as they are NOT open source, and kernel updates can be very difficult.