Operating System - Linux
1748088 Members
5067 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Suse cluster for - Disaster recovery.

Prasanth V Aravind
Trusted Contributor

Suse cluster for - Disaster recovery.

We have a two node active passive suse heart beat cluster. Storage using is SUN6140 with os level lun mirroring. Applications are oracle with sap.

I need a DR solution for this setup.

Can i able to add one more node in existing cluster in the DR site ??

how we oslevel mirroring works in DR setup

Gudlcuk
Prasanth
4 REPLIES 4
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

There are different configurations for a DR solution.

You can have a "spare" system on the DR site replicating only the "data". In this case, the OS level mirroring is not a problem as you already have one up and running.

What you do have to find is a solution to replicate the data between the sites.

Can you provide more information about your infrastructure, like storage systems, link to the remote site, etc.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Alan_152
Honored Contributor

Something for you to think about -- what will you do if the Sun6140 is the component that dies?
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Hi,

if you are using the SLES-HAE there are predefined resources classes where you can use things like DRDB or OSFS2 cloned disksets to replicate to another node. - Allowing you a moderated active/active configurations as well which you can tailor for use with your app.

I notice that you are using oracle. Its worth talking with oracle/novell about SLES-High Availability Extension, as its got a load of Oracle specific utilities for you to use in it.

Hope that helps, please assign points if you found this useful.

regards

Matt
Dominic Juma

The other option is to do host-based replication. Q - what software solution can be used to do this host-based replication via IP link 10Mbps?