108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Terminal settings problem when Igniting

SOLVED
Go to solution
dictum9
Super Advisor

Terminal settings problem when Igniting

I am booting a 6600 11.23 machine off the Ignite server and all goes well until it gets to this screen. All the terminal settings are messed up. What can I do to fix it?
I tried resetting TERM and DISPLAY variables to no avail.

- - - - - - - - - Prior Console Output - - - - - - - - - -
may press CTRL-C now..'* Could not get DHCP information. No host specific network defaults/)will be supplied. (dhcpclient returned: 9) =tNETWORK CONFIGURATION =NETWORK CONFIGURATION#B0This system's hostname: 8new7 %"0Internet protocol address (eg. 15.2.56.1) of this host: 8 ''0Default gateway routing internet protocol address: 81xxxxxxxxxxxx )'0The subnet mask (eg. 255.255.248.0 or 0xfffff800): 8255.255.255.0 +/0IP address of the Ignite-UX server system: 8xxxxxxxxxxx1 -*0Is this networking information only temporary? [ No ]6#[ 8O0K ]6?[ 8C0ancel ]6b[ 8H0elp ]+j%Z

2 REPLIES 2
Bill Hassell
Honored Contributor
Solution

Your terminal emulator configuration does not match the console MP settings. For a lot of dubious reasons, the GSP/MP code hard codes one of two terminal type (hp and vt100). The square brackets are part of escape sequences for a vt100, but your MP port is probably set to hp. While HP terminals (and emulators) offer more capabilities, they are they are not compatible with vt100 sequences.

Connect to the MP with CTRL-b and type CM and then CA and verify that the terminal type is vt100 and not hp. Then change your local terminal emulator to vt100.

Bill Hassell, sysadmin
dictum9
Super Advisor

That's what it was, during the boot up process I changed the setting from vt100+ to vt100 and all is good now.