cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace System Call

cmo-itri
Occasional Visitor

Trace System Call

I've read some articles. I can use the trace-1.6 to trace system call on HPUX 10.2. My question is: where I can download the trace-1.6? many Thanks.
3 REPLIES
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Re: Trace System Call

That tries to reach so far back into the bot-rotted areas of my dimm memory I can barely remember that there was any system call tracing on 10.20... But what little recollection remains suggests it was spotty at best.

If at all possible, you would be far better-off with tusc on an 11.X release.

Still, if you must tilt after the windmill of 10.20 system call tracing, you might ask in netnews in the comp.sys.hp.hpux newsgroup and/or check its FAQ.

If simple counts/rates of system calls would suffice with your 10.20 situation, you might be able to use glance - if it is installed that is.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
cmo-itri
Occasional Visitor

I find the trace-1.6 on http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+1242097381969+28353475&threadId=1233991, but the link about trace-1.6 was broken. Because I have a program that's will core dump randomly, so I need to catch the signal-SIGSEGV. Tracing the system call maybe can help me.
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Not that I have the details handy as to which debuggers were around in 10.20 nor how they would be used, but have you considered running the application under a debugger?
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows