Operating System - Tru64 Unix
1753496 Members
4103 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Trouble setting screen resolution

Daniel Borell

Trouble setting screen resolution

I'm using a XP proffessional workstation running Tru64 Unix v5.1. I just reloaded the OS because of a bad drive. Problem is I can't get the Screen resolution set where it should be. It has a Powerstorm 350 graphics card. When I run 'show config' the powerstorm card is listed on slot 13. However, when the machine boots it uses a generic VGA driver.I have the resolution set in the Xserver.conf file to 1280x1024 and have the OPEN3D software subset installed. In the Xerrors file the message reads "illegal -screen0 option,using default 640x480" and "illegal -vsync0 option, using default 60."
I'm stuck, any help will be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Frank Gessner
Frequent Advisor

Re: Trouble setting screen resolution

I remember I got this problem years ago and the attached Best Practice help me to fix it.

regards, Frank
Frank Gessner
Frequent Advisor

and here is the file...
Daniel Borell

Thanks for the file, Frank. It contained some nice info. However, I'm still stuck. The X server doesn't like my Xserver.conf file arguments.
Frank Gessner
Frequent Advisor

Daniel, you have installed a fresh Tru64 5.1?
I recommend to update to 5.1b and latest Patchkit. If you have not yet applied patches
to your system it could be helpfull to solve your problem. See PATCH ID: OSF510X11-019 on attached Description of latest patchkit for 5.1 PK6 from Feb2003.
hth, Frank