5613 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Tru64 V4.0F SNMP traps

BFCsaus
Occasional Advisor

Tru64 V4.0F SNMP traps

Hi,

We have numerous Tru64 V4.0F servers which at the moment are monitored manually by Operations. Due to circumstances (the guy leaving) we wish to automate the monitoring.

BMC is configured but apparently there are no BMC agents which we can install on Tru64 V4.0F for that particular version. InsightManager would be ideal but we need a solution which can be integrated into the standard monitoring.

We therefore wish to manually generate the traps which can be received be an SNMP Management tool or BMC and then forwarded onto the relevant personel.

This may sound long winded so I was wondering if anyone had a similar situation or could point me in the right direction whereby the SNMP traps can be picked up or a script (easily written) can be created for picking up the alerts (say / 100% full) and sending onto BMC...

Thanks in advance...
2 REPLIES 2
Steve Hoyle

Re: Tru64 V4.0F SNMP traps

Hello again,

Not much luck with this request im afraid so would anyone be able to confirm that Tru64 V4.0F and 4.0D have agents available for BMC Patrol please..??..

Also, I intend to write a short script that monitors disk utilisation and if a threshold is reached a trap is sent to a monitoring station (Netcool). If anyone has experience of doing this any suggestions would be gratefully received.

On a test system I have the snmp_trapsnd but on the production servers I can only see snmp_request and snmp_traprcv...

Thanks...
Steve Hoyle

Re: Tru64 V4.0F SNMP traps

I installed NET-SNMP which works ok