Tru64 system Crash -- Kernel Memory Fault

see attached
Regards
Archie
5 REPLIES 5
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Re: Tru64 system Crash -- Kernel Memory Fault

event_timeout: panic request and errors during boot procedure from pzaintr: KZPSA adapter. Crash occured during filesystem access.

Time to check the hardware....

Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Arch_Muthiah
Honored Contributor

Ralf,

I got very lttle info. from your reply.

When i see the crash report, seems the system had been running for the past 124 hrs without any problem though. Currently I am focusing on the protections and attributes changes done before the crash occured. Even I suspect that the invalid bucket id might have been passed to the kernel hash table which may lead to "invalid write access" trap.

Thanks for your infn "KZPSA misc error" on which I am going to concentrate later.

Archunan
Regards
Archie
Johan Brusche
Honored Contributor

From the crash-data we cannot see if you have patchkits installed, but if you have PK#3 = BL24 installed, then log a call with your local service rep, and ask them to open an escalation to obtain patch T64KIT0021218-V51BB24-20040107.

This patch is not in a public kit.

On the other hand, I would also examine the binary.errlog with DECevent for errors logged by a KZPSA SCSI-interface.

Rgds,

Johan.

_JB_
Ralf Puchner
Honored Contributor

Archunan,

the crashinformation contains the information "event_timeout: panic request". The stack contains functions for filesystem access.

So right direction is to check the hardware first and also verify latest patchkit (also if all patches was installed or some are missing due to dependencies).
Help() { FirstReadManual(urgently); Go_to_it;; }
Arch_Muthiah
Honored Contributor

Johan,

hope i have mentioned about this patch, but mistakenly in Tru64/Database section(T64KIT0021218-V51BB24-20040107 for AlphaServe SCV2.6 SSB).
But your suggestion adds more value for my suspection. I am going through your suggestions.

Ralf:
you are too fast, let me thru with the initial panic, then I will step into other panics!!!.

I am workind hard..., exepcting your further suggestion on this.

I appreciate both of your valuable timings and Thanks.

Archunan
Regards
Archie