New Discussion юеВ

Trucluster V5.1A Node Crashed

SOLVED
Go to solution
reemala
Occasional Advisor

Trucluster V5.1A Node Crashed

Hello,

We are having two node cluster running with Trucluster V5.1 with quorum disk configured. Yester day night one of the node crashed. It is gone to the console prompt. When rebooted, it booted normally and everything seems to be working fine.

We didn't find any related thing in the syslog prior to the crash. After the system boot, the syslog contains the following messages:

Sep 20 08:22:10 dwgc6 vmunix: panic (cpu 1): ics_unable_to_make_progress: input thread stalled

We cheched the crash dump files /var/adm/crash, but coun't get the clear picture about what went wrong.

Two months back only we applied the Patch Kit 6.

Please help me to find out the actual problem.

Please let me know if I need to give some more information.

Thanks & Regads,
Martin.
3 REPLIES 3
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Trucluster V5.1A Node Crashed

This panic is typically caused when some process is continuously hogging the cpu, thereby, letting the ICS heart-beat to skip. So, in the crash dump, you may want to look for processes that are running continuously for a long duration and see what is going on there.
Vladimir Fabecic
Honored Contributor

As said before by Ivan Ferreira, you need WSEA tool to analyze crash dump (or call support).
By the way, you opened 3 threads with same questions.
You may close two of them.
In vino veritas, in VMS cluster
reemala
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much Venkatesh & Fabecic for the replies. I will check the processes list that are running at the time of crash. Also I will how the WSEA tool can be used in our environment.

I am sorry for opening three threads for the same. I closed the other two threads now.

Thanks & Regards,
Martin Reemala