7748 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Trusted - User a/c issue

brian_31
Super Advisor

Trusted - User a/c issue

Team:

We had these new machines (looks like trusted as i see a * in encrypted part of /etc/passwd). This user complains of a strange issue..during login it says password has expired and forces him through a password change process to set a new password. However, the very next time he login, the password has reverted back to the old password and it is expired again, so it forces him to go through the password change process again. I present the /usr/lbin/getprpw command output here Can someone please advise what needs to be done?

# /usr/lbin/getprpw mgill
uid=20060, bootpw=NO, audid=135, audflg=1, mintm=0, maxpwln=-1, exptm=91, lftm=-1, spwchg=Fri May 31 09:43:04 2002, upwchg=Fri May 31 09:44:27 2002, acctexp=-1, llog=-1, expwarn=-1, usrpick=DFT, syspnpw=DFT, rstrpw=DFT, nullpw=DFT, admnum=-1, syschpw=DFT, sysltpw=DFT, timeod=-1, slogint=Fri May 31 09:43:19 2002, ulogint=-1, sloginy=pts/ta, culogin=-1, uloginy=-1, umaxlntr=-1, alock=NO, lockout=0000000
#

Thanks

Brian
1 REPLY 1
Rajeev  Shukla
Honored Contributor

Re: Trusted - User a/c issue

Have a look at the spwchg in your output of getprpw, does it reflect to the right time when user changes his password? its saying as 2002 in password change and successfull login too as 2002. If its an actual system i would assume it to be 2006.
It somehow looks that after the user changes the password the password protected files are not getting updated.
Have a look at the /tcb/files/auth/m/mgill
look for permissions and see if you have any other files with same name like mgill-t etc..