cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to change CDE scrollbar size in 11i using Xresources

Greg Santa
Advisor

Trying to change CDE scrollbar size in 11i using Xresources

I am trying to increase the scrollbar size for all terminals when I use Exceed to connect to my 11i server. I have copied the /usr/dt/config/C/Xresources file to /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources. At the end of the file I added the line:
Dtterm*saveLines: 20000

Is there something else I need to do so that it reads this new config file? Thanks in advance for any help given.
4 REPLIES
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to change CDE scrollbar size in 11i using Xresources

yes restart X/CDE for the change to be read.

NB works in conjunction with the resource

Dtterm*scrollBar = True

workaround : run dtterm -sl 2000 -sb
Greg Santa
Advisor

After making the first change to Xresources in /etc I had rebooted the system.

I added another line:
Dtterm*scrollBar: True
to the /etc/dt/config/C/Xresources file and restarted CDE with /sbin/init.d/dtlogin.rc stop and /sbin/init.d/dtlogin.rc start

There is still no change.
Alex Glennie
Honored Contributor

try copying the resources file under /etc to $HOME/.Xresources , restart and confirm it it works , could be

a) local Xresource file is over ridding things.

b) my memory fades but I wasn't aware of an Xresource file under /etc, yes there's an sys.resources
Greg Santa
Advisor

I would like to make the change system wide, so I don't want to use $HOME for each user.

a)Besides the Xresources file I copied to /etc, the only other Xresources files are in /usr.

b)I copied the file to /etc after reading that the /usr files shouldn't be edited, but should be copied to /etc and then edited, that's what I did.