4786 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Two Questions

Ashwin_4
Frequent Advisor

Two Questions

Hi Masters,
Que1: After booting the server, I've to manually activate the VG and mount the filesystem, So how to resolve this issue?

Que2: Cerrently we have two Ethernet card, but only one is configured and the second is kept idle. Is there any way that in case of any problem in one card the traficc should be diverted to the second card automatically?

thanks in adv.
4 REPLIES 4
A. Clay Stephenson
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Two Questions

I suspect the two questions are actually related. Look in /etc/lvmrc. See if AUTO_VG_ACTIVATION is set to 0. If that is the case then the volume groups to mount must be put in the custom_vg_activation function BUT you probably should not do this. Normally, when AUTO_VG_ACTIVATION=0 the node is part of a MC/Service Guard cluster and the package is supposed to handle the mounting. If MC/SG is supposed to be running, part of its job is to handle your network failover as well.

If it ain't broke, I can fix that.
Ashwin_4
Frequent Advisor

Hi,
Sorry I forgot to mention that this is the stand alone system and not have MC/SG.
Thanks.
Victor Fridyev
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I guess, A.C.S. in his message points on real reason of the problem. The volume group, may by, was configured for SG and the activation mode is not suitable for it. If parameters in /etc/lvmrc cause full activation, check status of the VG by
vgdisplay VG
after the computer startup. If the VG is not activated, update it with
vgchange -c n VG
and try to activate it by vgchange -a y VG.
Additionally check /etc/fstab. The mentioned FS can be either not written in the file or its string contains noauto parameter.

HTH
Entities are not to be multiplied beyond necessity - RTFM
Phillip Renner
Advisor

You can use the HP Auto-Port Aggregation software to automatically switch between ethernet cards during a lan failure. However, we have had autoport aggragation on over 100 servers for a couple of years and have never really had it used.