Operating System - Linux
1753518 Members
5093 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Ubuntu Server 9.10 on Proliant ML150 Series

Ante Grubisic Cabo

Ubuntu Server 9.10 on Proliant ML150 Series

Ubuntu Server v.9.10 installation stops at "starting partitioner" on 47%.

Server model is:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=372786&submit.y=0&submit.x=0〈=en&cc=us

Anybody?
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: Ubuntu Server 9.10 on Proliant ML150 Series

Welcome to ITRC Forums!

Most Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, use Linux's virtual console feature to allow viewing the installer log, and often even a command prompt you can use for troubleshooting. These virtual consoles are accessible using Alt + combinations.

(Note: If Alt + has been reserved for some other purpose, try Ctrl + Alt + instead.)

Press Alt + F4 (if I remember correctly) to see the log of the Ubuntu installer. Does it have any messages that would seem related to this problem?

Press Alt + F2 to access a command prompt if you wish to test something on your own.

One of the other function keys will return you to the installer screen, but I don't remember which one. Trying all the (Ctrl+)Alt+Fn key combinations should not be harmful in any case.

MK
MK
Michal Kapalka (mikap)
Honored Contributor

hi,

in this case i would recommend of course for testing purpose to install

Ubuntu 10.04 beta 1 or Centos 5.4,

to be sure that your HW is compatible with other Linux distributions.

mikap
J. Maestre
Honored Contributor

Does it stop with some error, or does it just sit there as if it was stuck?

I've seen the ubuntu partitioner taking a long time (definitely more than 5min, probably more than 10) to start on certain hardware setups.

The ML150 is certified by Canonical, so it should work.