108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel

SOLVED
Go to solution
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel

I have installed RHEL 2.6.9 on my DL 380 and it hangs at the boot with the following error:

Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel

I have tried increasing the processor speed but it didn't work either..

I have checked the following but still ...

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/james/search.do?searchtext=Uncompressing+Linux...+Ok%2C+booting+the+kernel+&hpl=1&todo=search&searchcriteria=allwords&from=home&searchcategory=ALL&rn=25&presort=rank&source=7000&esc=D+LINK&wpa=www11.itrc.hp.com%3A80&origin=0&chkServStor=on

Plz advise
2 REPLIES 2
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

There are 6 generations of the DL 380 server:
- first generation DL380 (aka G1)
- DL380 G2
- DL380 G3
- DL380 G4
- DL380 G5
- DL380 G6

The latest G6 models are very different from the original first generation models. Please identify the generation of your DL380.

RHEL 2.6.9 does not exist. You probably mean RHEL 4, which includes Linux kernel version 2.6.9. But which Update level of RHEL 4 are you using?

If you have licensed RHEL, you also have access to RedHat Network. From there, you can download the CD images of the latest Update release of RHEL 4 (currently Update 8).

If you used installation CDs from the original RHEL 4 box, the CDs are probably the original release level, or Update 0. Newer servers with multi-core processors require at least Update 1 or 2 to be supported. The latest Update release is usually the best for new hardware.

MK
MK
Grayh
Trusted Contributor

thank you