New Discussion юеВ

Uninstallation of Redhat Linux?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ln_unix
Frequent Advisor

Uninstallation of Redhat Linux?

Hi All There,

I have Redhat Linux 7 on my system.I wanna remove (uninstall) that from my PC.So,Will u pls tell me the procedure to uninstall it from my PC...

Waiting for your replies....

Thanx in Advance...

Regards,

Lokesh Nagpal.....
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Uninstallation of Redhat Linux?

Just remove all Linux partitions from your hard disk.

Then remove the boot loader by reinstalling another, for example, using fixmbr windows command.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Srimalik
Valued Contributor

I think there is nothing like linux uninstallation. None of the operating systems I have used provide this facility. The reson could be that after the removal/uninstallation of OS it is very hard to use the machine in a productive way. :)

you can forcefully remove an operating system by deleting all the partitions on which it is installed. OR you can overwrite the existing OS with another one(could be a higher version ) or another OS like windows.

to stop your machine from booting linux you have to delete the boot loader from the MBR using the utility given in above reply. To get back the sapce used by that OS you will have to format the partitions where the OS ws installed .

best of luck
abandon all hope, ye who enter here..
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Hi,

DBAN, http://www.dban.org is pretty good at uninstalling Linux - and any other operating system for that matter !!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob