4954 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Updated collgui ?

Johnny Vergeer
Occasional Advisor

Updated collgui ?

Hello,

I have an updated version of collect that has the тАЬ-o rтАЭ option. This seem to be for "raw" output(?).

Using this with a "RAD" aware version of "cfilt" produces correct results for calculating sum values for stats across a number of RADs.

However I notice that collgui, even when using these versions of collect and cfilt still does not produce the correct results. Is there perhaps an updated version of collgui that would make use of the collect тАУo r option to produce correct graphs?

Thanx
jo
5 REPLIES 5
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by "raw". I don't see any such option in the manpage. What is the output of "collect -V"?. Can you tell us the patch version too?
Johnny Vergeer
Occasional Advisor

Hi BL,

From what I can gather, we got this version of collect from HP support April 2004.
I suspect it is not an official release.

The old version of collect is:
-rwsr-x--- 1 root system 370064 Jun 16 2004 /usr/sbin/collect
Collector Version = 2.0.6, Collect Datafile Version = 18, Compiled: Jun 15 2004

While the updated version is:
-rwxr-x--- 1 root system 419696 May 13 11:52 ./collect
Collector Version = 2.0.6, Collect Datafile Version = 18, Compiled: Dec 15 2003

I have attached a document showing what the -o r option does.
Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It is interesting to note that the new version has a compilation date _older_ than the old version!

BTW, there is surely an updated version for both collect and collgui (especially for RAD systems). So, you can log a call with the HP support and get the new versions.
Johnny Vergeer
Occasional Advisor

Will follow up with HP. Was hoping I could just get it off the net. I did find http://h30097.www3.hp.com/collect/ but that page seems quite outdated. The link to the latest downloads ftp://ftp.digital.com/pub/DEC/collect/ lists software from 2001?

Thanx for the help anyway.
Regards
johnny

Venkatesh BL
Honored Contributor

Yes. The ftp site is out-dated. HP support must be able to provide you with the updated versions.