Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating HP-UX 11i Base OE BA927ACE versions

taung75
Occasional Contributor

Updating HP-UX 11i Base OE BA927ACE versions

Hi all,

We've been running HP-UX B.11.31.0909 for several years now.

I've kept the patch bundles up to date:

Application patches QPKAPPS: March 2017

Base Quality Pack bundle QPKBASE: March 2017

Feature Enablement patches FEATURE11i: March 2016

Hardware Enablement Patches HWEnable11i: March 2016.

While working on a case I suddenly realized that the Base OE may need to be updated as well. I've checked the latest version is 1705.11iv3. This means since going live I've never updated the Base OE (almost 7 years).

My question is: Should I keep updating the Base OE to the latest as well. Before I knew about the Base OE level I thought it was sufficient to keep the bundle patches up to date.

Thanks,

Alex

2 REPLIES
Kanagarajd
Occasional Visitor

Re: Updating HP-UX 11i Base OE BA927ACE versions

Hi Alex,

As long as you are updating with latest kernel patches comes with QPKBASE, QPKAPP, The operating system is upto date and no need to upgrade BOE. If you want to update using update-ux, first check with HPE support engineer and perform BOE upgrade.

taung75
Occasional Contributor

Re: Updating HP-UX 11i Base OE BA927ACE versions

Hi Kanagaraj,

Thanks, I just managed to contact HPE Support separately about this matter and according to them its not the same thing. Keeping QPKBASE, QPKAPP, HWENABLE, FEATURE pack etc up to date is not the same thing as the OS itself. So if we want to keep the system fully up-to-date we'll still need to run update-ux for the OS as well as installing the kernel patches.

Alex