Upgrading from 11.00 to 11.11

SOLVED
Go to solution
KiddA
Advisor

Upgrading from 11.00 to 11.11

Hi people,
We're planning to upgrade some servers running hpux 11.00 to 11.11

My concerns are what to look for before I upgrade. I mean, if I've sufficient memory, free space on my local drives, etc.

The only way to do this is with cd/dvd media right?

Almost all servers are n4000.

Thanks for your time.
4 REPLIES 4
James R. Ferguson
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Upgrading from 11.00 to 11.11

Hi:

Cold-install; do not upgrade.

Read the 11.11 installation document.

Capture your 11.0 configuration files beforehand for comparison and reference to your 11.11 ones after the cold-install.

See:

http://www.docs.hp.com/en/5991-6552/index.html

Use the Operating Enterprise media you have and then follow the latest patches for 11.11:

http://www11.itrc.hp.com/service/patch/releasePage.do?BC=main|bundle|releaseIndexPage|&releaseId=0806-11.11

Regards!

...JRF...
Glenn S. Davidson
Trusted Contributor

Everytime I've ever tried to upgrade any operating system I've had more problems trying to get it working again than if I had just installed it from scratch. Most of the time I end up reinstalling from scratch anyway.

It's a pain, I know. It requires alot more preparation but if your server is documented properly it will be alot better for you in the long run.
Conformity Destroys a mans initiative and independence. It supresses his powerful inner drive to do his own thing.
Suraj K Sankari
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Don't go for upgrade, better take 2 copy of full system backup means Ignite and all FS backup then go for new installation after installation is over then restore every thing except vg00.

Suraj
KiddA
Advisor

Thanks for help guys, we took full backup, cold-install and then we restored app fs.