Operating System - HP-UX
1753905 Members
9820 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Users Changed Printer's IP Address, no printing now

Keith Lovrien

Users Changed Printer's IP Address, no printing now

I'm having trouble getting my 'old' jobs to print on printers where the ip address has changed. In these cases, the name has changed from printername to printername.sub
Under hp_ux11.00 and earlier, I can change the /etc/interface/lp/printername file, updating the PERIPH=printername to printername.sub. Then lpshut/lpsched and everything is fine.
HOWEVER, under 11.11, this isn't working. I've done the exact same steps, but no printing. Nothing changes in /var/adm/lp/log.
I have to remove the print jobs, remove the queue and re-add it via hppi. Then I can print new jobs. But I want to keep the old jobs and reprint.
I tried tarring up the files, and untarring them after the new queue is there, but they didn't print. Is anyone familiar with this? What other steps do I need to do under 11.11???
4 REPLIES 4
Geoff Wild
Honored Contributor

Re: Users Changed Printer's IP Address, no printing now

Manually - I havn't had success either.

But you have a work around.

Setup a "dummy" queue - or a queue to say a printer you have access to.

disable that queue

use lpmove and move the requests from the old queue

remove the old queue
re-add it
Then use lpmove again to move from your disabled queue to the new queue.

Rgds...Geoff
Proverbs 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make all your paths straight.
Camel_1
Valued Contributor

Yes, I think the simply way is to remove the printer and then recreate it with proper IP address.

Simon
Keith Lovrien

Sounds good, Thanks.
Keith Lovrien

OK