Operating System - HP-UX
1748050 Members
4817 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Using HP-UX, Reflection X and Terminal Services

foo hen

Using HP-UX, Reflection X and Terminal Services

I'm having problems accessing a server remotely that is behind a firewall.

I use Remote Desktop to get into a windows 2000 server in the DMZ. Then I open a Reflection X session to connect to a HP-UX machine. The program I run on the HP-UX is one that is used to monitor a process; there is no real user interaction. After a period of time, usually between two and three hours, the connection is terminated.

User settings for session limits in Terminal Services on the DMZ server are set to never expire. In the Terminal Services Configuration utility, the "Override user settings" for session limits is unchecked. (they were all set to never expire, anyway) Reflection X is set to "keep alive". The session still keeps getting terminated.

Is there a setting in HP-UX to limit a terminal services connection? This machine used to be outside the firewall and Reflection X was used to connect to it (no terminal services involved) and it never disconnected. Or is there another session setting limits in Terminal Services that I'm unaware of?

Any help would be appreciated!
Sande
4 REPLIES 4
David Bellamy
Respected Contributor

Check if the TMEOUT variable is set in the user profile. This might be the cause of your problem.
foo hen

On which system? the HP-UX?
sajeer_2
Regular Advisor

Check firewall settings with network administrator.
David Bellamy
Respected Contributor

Yes on HPUX