5689 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: V5.1B-3 on Oracle 7

Jess_13
Advisor

V5.1B-3 on Oracle 7

Hi,

I managed to upgrade my Tru64 UNIX OS from v5.1A to 5.1B and apply 5.1B-3 patch.

There are 2 oracle database resided in my system. I manage to bring up 1 of the 8i database. However, another oracle 7 database encounted error. When I issue startup, it hangs and after 120 seconds, the error was PMON does not start up.

5.1B-3 is not compatible with oracle 7?
4 REPLIES 4
Martin Moore
HPE Pro

I believe that 8.1.7 is the minimum certified version on V5.1B.

Martin
I work for HPE
A quick resolution to technical issues for your HPE products is just a click away HPE Support Center
See Self Help Post for more details

Accept or Kudo

Jess_13
Advisor

Yes, Oracle 7 is desupported, I should have know before upgrading it. However, we managed to bring up this database by reducing the size of the SGA.
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Well if that's the case you can probably also find some sysconfigtab params in proc, vm and ipc to make it come up with the old sga settings.

If this is important to you, then perhaps share the failing and succesful sga settings and perhaps the ipcs picture for the started up database. And of course the sysconfig settings for the current system. I don't suppose you have a listing of the old settings to compare with?
Specifically check shm-max, new_wire_method, ssm_threshold and the likes.

A quick google: +tru64 +sysconfigtab +oracle will give lots of prior articles in this space.

Hein.
Jess_13
Advisor

I did a diff(1) command on both previous n current sysconfigtab. There are some additional parameter in it.

shm-max, new_wire_method, ssm_threshold are the same figure. Up till this moment the Oracle 7 is still fine.