108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VPars

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

VPars

If I am running HPUX 11i on a rp5450 can I still do vPars my understanding it is a function of the O/S correct? also is there a special option I need to order to do this
7 REPLIES 7
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

I read the thread but it does not tell me for sure if I can do vPars on older equipment .....is it strictly a function of the the O/S regardless of hardware??
Geno Church_1
Valued Contributor

I don't believe that it will run on the 5450. Supported systems appear to be...

rp5470
rp7400
rp7405
rp7410
rp8400
and superdome

Geno
Chris Hulihan
Advisor

no, this is not just a function of the OS (or software, etc.) because in the cases that I've seen (rp8400, rp7410) where we have this ability you get to a MP menu when you log into the console you get an "MP MAIN MENU" where you need to choose which Console you are logging into (out of the virtual partitions)...

I'd guess that if you do not have this (as we don't have this ability on our servers of this class). However this is a good question because I've been looking around and don't see any clear answer to your question).
G. Vrijhoeven
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I thougt vpars were suported from RP5470 and up so i am sorry.
Vpars are not a part of the OS. The OS only needs to support it. It is a layer deeper. You configure it before you boot an OS.

Gideon
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Tex,

As Geno pointed out you cannot implement vPars on an rp5450. It would have to be upgraded to the minimum system that supports vPars - rp5470.

Rgds,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Lacrosse
Regular Advisor

Great thanks for the solid answer