Operating System - Linux
1752808 Members
6101 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Virtual email users in a multi domain server.

Mohan]

Virtual email users in a multi domain server.

I've setup my Linux Redhat 6.2 as a DNS, and sendmail server. My virtual email users wants their reply email to reflect their domain name, instead of the main domain name.
I've tried using the Masquerate_domain command, but it did not work. What went wrong?

Please help.
Mohan
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

A good start is the document:

http://www.sendmail.org/virtual-hosting.html
Mohan]

I,ve did follow the steps, but it does not solve the problem. Attached is the sendmail.mc file.

The sendmail was setup only for my company, but recently I've to setup the mail server to accept emails from 2 other companies. I've created the domain, and assign the IP address to it.
I've include the MX record to point to my mail server.
The sendmail.cw file was updated with the domain names: ifood.com.sg ; bizgro.com.sg ; itradessential.com .
I've also updated the /etc/mail/virtusertable to map the email address to the local name.

The email works fine, but it shows the main domain name whenever they send, or reply an email.
Should I use some form of MASQUERADE in the sendmail.mc file? I've inserted the MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE(/etc/mail/masq-domains), but it does not help.
Dave Kelly_1
Respected Contributor

Masquerading will replace all domains specified in the MASQUERADE_DOMAIN_FILE with a single domain, you can't be selective.

You should disable masquerading and make use of userdb on a per-user basis.

See section 33.5 in the O'Reilly book for more information.