108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VxFS and CIO mount option

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jon Tanner
Occasional Visitor

VxFS and CIO mount option

Accourding to the latest roadmap from HP, the concurrent IO patch is scheduled to be delivered for update 5 in Nov 2009. (see link below for details) Does anyone know if the patch is out, what the patch number is, and if it is available for download?

http://h20338.www2.hp.com/enterprise/downloads/HPUX%20Public%20Roadmap.pdf

Concurrent I/O capability doubles performance in OnlineJFS 5.0.1 (Nov тАШ09)

Thanks,
Jon
4 REPLIES 4
Solution

Re: VxFS and CIO mount option

Jon,

The starting point for getting OnlineJFS 5.0.1 with the CIO features is being on the September 2009 release of 11.31 (also know as Update 5 or 0909) - If your OS is not on that, you can't install OnlineJFS 5.0.1. Also you'll either need to have an OnlineJFS product license or have one of the HP-UX Operating Environments that bundles OnlineJFS (That's HA-OE, VSE-OE or DC-OE)

If you can satisfy these 2 requirements then you should be able to install OnlineJFS 5.0.1.

Note OnlineJFS 5.0.1 _isn't_ delivered as a patch, but as a new product, so you need to get it through Software Update Manager (SUM). SUM is available from any ITRC web page by clicking on the link in the navigation bar on the left of the page. For SUM to work correctly for you, you will need to have your HP-UX support contract "Support Agreement IDentifier" (SAID) linked to your ITRC account - this is all explained on the SUM page anyway.

Any problems, speak to your account manager, or call in to the response centre.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo
Jon Tanner
Occasional Visitor

Duncan,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm currently upgrading to 11.31 update 5. I just check my SUM connection and only see OnlineJFS 5.0. Should/is 5.0.1 currently available?

Thanks again.
Jon

I thought it was, but then as a HPite I don't have a SAID myself so have no access to software via SUM (we have our own internal sources).

I've asked the product manager...

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo

... spoken to the product manager - apparently there was a minor issue uploading the kit into SUM the other day - it should be in place by tomorrow (Nov 20), so try again then.

HTH

Duncan

I am an HPE Employee
Accept or Kudo